cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI mode on the steval-mki227ka

KRudo.1
Associate

On the website, in the databrief it is not stated how to connect the jumpers on the steval-mki227ka, I would like to know how to enable SPI mode 1 on the evaluation kit for testing.

The problem that I'm getting is that even reading the who am I address it gives back the wrong answer.

All help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheLaboz
Associate II

Dear KRudo,

at the following link you can find the board schematic.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-mki227ka.html#cad-resources

In order to communicate to the device through SPI you don't need to configure jumpers in a specific mode but if you don't use Qvar feature i suggest you to close jumpers 3 with 5 and 4 with 6.

You can check the datasheet here in the section 5.1.3 to see how to issue the SPI reading.

Let me know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TheLaboz
Associate II

Dear KRudo,

at the following link you can find the board schematic.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/steval-mki227ka.html#cad-resources

In order to communicate to the device through SPI you don't need to configure jumpers in a specific mode but if you don't use Qvar feature i suggest you to close jumpers 3 with 5 and 4 with 6.

You can check the datasheet here in the section 5.1.3 to see how to issue the SPI reading.

Let me know.

Hey Laboz,

after some playing around I got to the result that I wanted (I was reading the register in a loop and for some reason my NRF52 DK got a little whacky and started to push all the data to high).

My follow up question is, is the device set up by default? I am trying to read the gyro, accel, and temp data without success, I am following the LSM6DSV16X datasheet with the register mapping to read the data.

I am also using the ST C source and header file from the git repository and using the functions: lsm6dsv16x_device_id_get (success),

lsm6dsv16x_flag_data_ready_get(for drdy without success),

lsm6dsv16x_temperature_raw_get(for temp data without success),

lsm6dsv16x_angular_rate_raw_get(for gyro data without success),

lsm6dsv16x_acceleration_raw_get(for accel data without success).

any help on this matter will help me a lot.

best regards,

Kirill

Nice to hear that.
Did you write config registers to switch the device on?
For instance as quick test you can write 0x06 in the 0x10 register to switch the accelerometer on and try to read output registers.