cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is VL53L1X people counting source code available?

CNiev
Associate

I saw the VL53L1X used as a people counter video at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91Ve-g0J2U

Is the source code used in that video available?

TIA,

30 REPLIES 30
AVARG.2
Associate II

Actually my doubt is when the sensor detects something , how we identify its a people or not. This sensor detects anything so how we distinguish them?

Actually my doubt is when the sensor detects something , how we identify its a people or not. This sensor detects anything so how we distinguish them?

OK, specially for you. Here is main.c for SimpleRanging example: https://yadi.sk/d/mumh9lZVj633vw

I do not guarantee that it will compile, because I have not tested it in practice. There may be inaccuracies.

And, actually, nor sensor nor program does not detect people. It detect left or right passing event of any object and no more. To detect people you need camera and recognition software.

BTW, how old are you?

Thanks for sharing. I'm a beginner in this field.

CNiev
Associate

Thanks for sharing! This is very interesting!

I understand you made some changes to standard libraries.

Have you considered submitting a patch so it gets integrated in the library?

No, but "Both libraries are included in this bundle."

AVARG.2
Associate II

In that people counting video, they have shown that they have specified some person detection distance range. How this range can be obtained?

How they did it I do not know as their code is not available.

In my variant range defined as:

int tof_gestures_initDIRSWIPE_1(int32_t rangeThreshold_mm, long minSwipeDuration, long maxSwipeDuration, bool handMustCoverBoth, Gesture_DIRSWIPE_1_Data_t *data)

PLEGE
Associate

Hi,

The source code is not available yet on www.st.com but will be made available in the coming weeks.​

If you can't wait please email me : philippe.legeard@st.com

Kabron
Associate III

Basing on the current ST answer-speed, we could estimate appearing of the source code in the next few years.