cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including motion fx library in a third party arm mcu

DGiov.1
Associate III

Hello,

for a new project we are avalutaing the use of an iNEMO inertial module in conjunction with the motion fx library with the goal of doing position estimation with dead reckoning.

My doubt is about the library, since we are forced to use a thrid party MCU (an ARM M4), can I import the library on any ARM M0/M4/M7 mcu? Or does it target ONLY st devices?

Thank you,

Davide

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Davide @Davide G_Oiovanelli​ ,

it is possible to port -in general- the X-CUBE-MEMS1 libraries on MUCs other than STM32 ones, but always based on ARM Cortex architecture.

However, it cannot be done directly from the customer, unfortunately: the library, in this case the MotionFX one, must be specifically compiled from ST support under the signature of License Agreement (LUA).

You have to contact the OLS at this link or a Sales offices and representatives office from your region at this other link.

Let me know if you can get a feedback from them.

-Eleon

DGiov.1
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

thank you. I'll forward the information to my supervisor that will contact the OLS or the Sales offices.

In case I have other problems I'll post them here, thank you again.

Davide.

DGiov.1
Associate III

Hi Eleon,

I contacted the ST support to ask for having the library compiled for a third party MCU, however I get a negative response from them (they say the library is only for STM32s).

If you don't have any other suggestion I would say that the library cannot be run on other vendors' mcu.

Davide.