cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILPS22QS data ready interrupt

el659
Associate III

Hi, I need clarification about interrupt on ILPS22QS barometric pressure sensor.

My test project involves LIS3MDL and ILPS22QS connected to MSDA and MSCL on LSM6SDO, which is connected to an mcu in 4-wire SPI interface, to use sensor hub on LSM6DSO (I've only come up with schematics so far).

My concern is that LIS3MDL has INT pin that can be used for data ready and ILPS22QS has built-in interrupt generator block according to page 19 on AN5764 but no interrupt pin on the IC, which I am not familiar with.

What I want to ask is,

1. Is it possible to send data ready signal from ILPS22QS to LSM6DSO for sensor hub operation?

2. If yes, is sending data ready signal done through master i2c between ILPS22QS and LSM6DSO in this case, or maybe another pin on ILPS22QS can be used as interrupt pin for DRDY alternatively?

If there is anything I am mistaken about, please feel free to correct me.

Thank you in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

You can read the status instead of the interrupt to have the dataready.

Unfortunately you can't use the interrupts.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

The interrupt pin are for QVAR, if you don't need it, you can use LPS22DF for standard sensor hub. You can find an example here

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

But here is something I don't understand. ILPS22QS does support interrupt functions: data-ready, FIFO flags, pressure thresholds with built-in interrupt generator block according to the datasheet, which probably means it should somehow be able to send down the DRDY flag to LSM6DSO, maybe through master i2c connection, allowing sensor hub operation to begin from there. Isn't ILPS22QS also capable for sensor hub operation as slave to LSM6DSO?

el659_0-1706528153096.png

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @el659 ,

You can read the status instead of the interrupt to have the dataready.

Unfortunately you can't use the interrupts.