cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using the STEVAL-STWINK1B board to acquire gyroscope data and comparing it with the Racelogic IMU04, however the data that the STWINK1B IMU fetches is the in mdps(milli degree per second) and the data the racelogic IMU fetches is in degrees per sec

YBend.1
Associate III

For performing the conversion do I just have to convert degrees to millidegrees?

Because this conversion does not output a perfectly comparable result.

Racelogic IMU datasheet: Overview (racelogic.co.uk)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @YBend.1​ ,

Yes, the conversion from milli-dps to dps is just a x1000 factor (or vice-versa).

To be sure you are acquiring the same thing, you should check the band of Racelogic IMU04 gyroscope and the output data rate. This because there might be signal / noise in a range of frequencies not covered by one of the two sensors.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @YBend.1​ ,

Yes, the conversion from milli-dps to dps is just a x1000 factor (or vice-versa).

To be sure you are acquiring the same thing, you should check the band of Racelogic IMU04 gyroscope and the output data rate. This because there might be signal / noise in a range of frequencies not covered by one of the two sensors.

-Eleon

YBend.1
Associate III

Thanks @Eleon BORLINI​ 

The Raceleogic IMU has a sampling rate of 20Hz while the ISM330DHCX sensor on the STWINKB1 board has a sampling rate of 6667Hz. I downsampled the data to compare the two to 20Hz.

Can you please tell me how can I validate the signal / noise phenomenon that you have stated in the latter part of your answer.

Thank you very much!!

Hi @YBend.1​ ,

ok, they run at very different speeds.

You can check if they are comparable at a noise / sensitivity level by acquiring the ISM330DHCX stream and then applying a filter at 20Hz in post processing.

-Eleon