cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using sensortilebox using Nucleo board. Found error in Virtual COM port ...Anyone faced the same issue

Snara.21
Senior

13 REPLIES 13
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

do you mean you are not able to put the SensorTile.box in DFU mode?

Did you try the steps described in this post, for the recovery of the board?

Or would you like to stream sensor data on USB? In this case you can configure USB stream in Expert mode through the ST BLE Sensor app, or use the DataLogExtended example in the FP-SNS-STBOX1 function pack + Unicleo-GUI.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Snara.21
Senior

@Eleon BORLINI​  The issue is. I am writing a new project and configured USART1 based on the schematics and tried to see the result in teraterm. But it is not working. How to debug that and resolve the issue ?

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

did you configured the SensorTile.box using the predefined settings in STM32CubeMX?

In any case, I again suggest you to the DataLogExtended example for a starting point for implementing the data stream on USB.

-Eleon

Snara.21
Senior

@Eleon BORLINI​ I tried that module , is there is any command I need to enable. It is not wotking,,

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

which operative system are you using? You might need to install the STM32 VCOM drivers to get the board recognized by your PC.

You can find them at this link --> STSW-STM32102.

-Eleon

Snara.21
Senior

I have installed ST link. If I use STEVAL-STLK01V1 Kit I shall able to see the Virtual UART and if I conenct STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 and used BLE Sensor from the functional pack and enabled the # define for USART2

Snara.21
Senior

@Eleon BORLINI​ 

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Snara.2​ ,

you might share you code, so that we can have a look inside and check the USART configuration.

-Eleon

Snara.21
Senior

@Eleon BORLINI​  Hi Good Day. I am sharing the code which has the BLE configuration code as well.. I have written the code based on the reference manual dm00294449-bluenrg-1-bluenrg-2-ble-stack-v2-x-programming-guidelines-stmicroelectronics.pdf . I am enclosing the code and the hardware configuration made for the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 file . Kindly confirm what is the issue in UART and BLE part. it says failed...

The Hardware connectivity configuration is done thro CUBE MX and I have used XCUBE-BLE2 software functional pack. BLE using SPI and refereed the en.steval-mksbox1v1_schematic

Physical hardware : I am using NUCLEO -F401RE and SENSORTILE.Box .