cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using BSP_MOTION_SENSOR_GetAxes function to acquire data (gyro+accelero) from sensortile kit. I want to know: 1- What are the output units of this data? 2- Do I need to do any processing before passing this data to MotionDI_update function?

QAbba.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr S
ST Employee

1. The BSP_MOTION_SENSOR_GetAxes function provides ACC data in mg and GYR data in mdps.

2. These data need to be converted from mg resp. mdps to g resp. dps and you also need to provide timestamp in microseconds. You can use DI_Data_Handler function in DynamicInclinometer FW application inside X-CUBE-MEMS1 package as a reference.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Petr S
ST Employee

1. The BSP_MOTION_SENSOR_GetAxes function provides ACC data in mg and GYR data in mdps.

2. These data need to be converted from mg resp. mdps to g resp. dps and you also need to provide timestamp in microseconds. You can use DI_Data_Handler function in DynamicInclinometer FW application inside X-CUBE-MEMS1 package as a reference.

QAbba.1
Associate II

Hi Petr,

I figured out the units of angular velocity and linear acceleration. However, I didn't know that the MotionDI_update function needed timestamp input in microseconds. I was giving input in milliseconds and hence I was getting wrong rotation. Thank you for mentioning it. Now, I am able to get the correct rotation.