cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set I2C address of sensor in UNICO-GUI?

Brian Rau
Associate III

We've designed the LSM6DSO32X (using I2C interface) into a system and would like to use the STEVAL-MKI109V3 tool and UNICO-GUI to test and program the machine learning algorithms. Scoping the STEVAL-MKI109V3/STEVAL-MKI221V1 combination, I find that UNICO-GUI is using I2C address 0x6B for the LSM6DSO32X, but of course in our design with configured it at 0x6A. Is there a (hopefully easy) way to configure UNICO-GUI to talk to an LSM6DSO32X at I2C address 0x6A?

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Brian Rau​ ,

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the I2C address from Unico-GUI. I2C address is set from the STEVAL-MKI109V3 firmware to work with the respective adapter board.

If you are using a “STEVAL-MKI109V3/STEVAL-MKI221V1 combination�? as you wrote, you should not have problems in using Unico with ST hardware, without changing the I2C address.

On the other hand, if you are using a custom hardware, then you could:

• Generate an MLC configuration (.ucf / .h) using Unico-GUI in offline mode
  • Use your custom driver to upload the MLC configuration on the sensor and to read the dataout. Here you can find an example --> LINK

-Eleon

Brian Rau
Associate III

Is the STEVAL-MKI109V3 firmware source available anywhere to modify the I2C address used?

Hi @Brian Rau​ ,

no, unfortunately the source code of STEVAL-MKI109V3 is not publicly available.

-Eleon