cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly use execution_config.json for STWIN DATALOG1 firmware?

agenis
Associate

Hi,

I need to use the execution_config to enable autonomous mode for my STWIN, and sample intermittently a couple of sensors. So I put at the root of my SDCARD the two json files (DeviceConfig and execution_config) with the following code supposed to datalog for 1 minute and then pause for 14 minutes. However, It only works the first cycle and then never datalogs again, and I get only one collected data folder in the sdcard

{
	"info": {
		"version": "1",
		"auto_mode": true,
		"phases_iteration": 0,
		"start_delay_ms": 5000,
		"execution_plan": [
			"datalog",
			"idle"
		],

"datalog": {
			"timer_ms": 60000
		},
		"idle": {
			"timer_ms": 840000
		}
	}
}

Any idea Why?

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @agenis​ ,

I checked with our experts, they have tried to reply your failure but without success. However, they are suggesting:

• Verify the Function Pack (FP) version you are using (current online version is the v1.3.0)
  • Verify the SD card used (the list of the suggested ones is reported in the user manual of the FP)
  • Repeat the same experiment, enabling only part of the sensors (for example by means of an opportune DeviceConfig.json uploaded in the root folder of the SD card).

In this way we can exclude an issue related to a slow writing on the SD card, that could block the running firmware.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
agenis
Associate

seems after some digging that the variable timer_ms could be int16, so doesnot accept values any higher than 65535 milliseconds;

no clue on how to bypass that... probably need to recompile the firmwarE?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @agenis​ ,

I checked with our experts, they have tried to reply your failure but without success. However, they are suggesting:

• Verify the Function Pack (FP) version you are using (current online version is the v1.3.0)
  • Verify the SD card used (the list of the suggested ones is reported in the user manual of the FP)
  • Repeat the same experiment, enabling only part of the sensors (for example by means of an opportune DeviceConfig.json uploaded in the root folder of the SD card).

In this way we can exclude an issue related to a slow writing on the SD card, that could block the running firmware.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon