cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the sensors of STEVAL-STLKT01V?

JStep.1
Associate

Hello everybody, I'm working with my SensorTile development kit (STEVAL-STLKT01V1) for a short time now and I'm trying to get it working. I can connect to the sensor board via bluetooth using my iphone and the ST BLE Sensor App and on the PC (Win10) via Unicleo-GUI.

I have seen in the introduction videos that you can set the individual measuring ranges via Unicleo - but I can't find these Settings on Unicleo-GUI.

So I have some questions:

Do I need a different firmware on my SensorTile to get into extended datalog mode?

Can I update the firmware via the ST BLE Sensor App or do I need an external SWD dubugger?

Can someone please give me a hint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JStep.1
Associate

Hello,

first of all thanks for your answer!

I had problems getting into the extended datalog mode. The connection with the iPhone and Unicleo via BLE worked, only the Extended Datalog is not supported here.

I have followed the following tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSqZhmIkbs . The problem was, that in this video the firmware: X-CUBE-MEMS1-XT1 was used, but I couldn't find a suitable binary for SensorTile in the firmware. During troubleshooting I found Firmware: X-CUBE-MEMS1-V4 which contained a suitable binary for SensorTile - problem solved!

-Johannes

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JStep.1​ ,

Did you follow this tutorial trying to interface the Sensortile tool with the Unicleo-GUI, am I right?

>> Do I need a different firmware on my SensorTile to get into extended datalog mode?

You should be able to connect to Unicleo-GUI with the default firmware on the board...

But did you try to connect with your Sensortile using your iPhone? If so, you may have to unpair the board from the BLE device list of the iPhone to make it visible from the PC (that has indeed to be equipped by BLE - Bluetooth low-energy module). You can also try to see if you are able to connect the Sensortile with the USB cable, and see it in Unicleo-GUI (Selected device menu). Here the tutorial.

>> Can I update the firmware via the ST BLE Sensor App or do I need an external SWD dubugger?

I'm afraid that, since there is no USER button and that the BOOT pin is tied to GND, the external "mechanical" way to force DFU is not available on this board... To upgrade the board firmware you have to follow for example the Quick Start Guide, with the suggested hardware...

-Eleon

JStep.1
Associate

Hello,

first of all thanks for your answer!

I had problems getting into the extended datalog mode. The connection with the iPhone and Unicleo via BLE worked, only the Extended Datalog is not supported here.

I have followed the following tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSqZhmIkbs . The problem was, that in this video the firmware: X-CUBE-MEMS1-XT1 was used, but I couldn't find a suitable binary for SensorTile in the firmware. During troubleshooting I found Firmware: X-CUBE-MEMS1-V4 which contained a suitable binary for SensorTile - problem solved!

-Johannes

Right, it is in \Projects\Multi\Examples\SensorTile\DataLogExtended\Binary\STM32L476RG-SensorTile

And everything was ok with the .bin upload without the SWD debugger?

-Eleon