cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you install the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 package? It does not appear in the STM32Cube package manager and trying a local import of the zip file fails. What am I missing?

g mcclean
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @g mcclean​, to the community!

The package is not yet integrated into the STM32CubeIDE. The easiest way is to work with it directly and try out the included projects first:

• manually unpack into (for Windows: a not too deep) path of your choice
  • find your preferred project for your board
  • to be on the safe side, make a copy of that project in the same directory level (this allows you to compare what has changed later or to copy it back).
  • open the original project directly at its location, for the STM32CubeIDE start the file .project, all library references are already included in the package

If you need the drivers and middlewares in your own projects, you should add them manually.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @g mcclean​, to the community!

The package is not yet integrated into the STM32CubeIDE. The easiest way is to work with it directly and try out the included projects first:

• manually unpack into (for Windows: a not too deep) path of your choice
  • find your preferred project for your board
  • to be on the safe side, make a copy of that project in the same directory level (this allows you to compare what has changed later or to copy it back).
  • open the original project directly at its location, for the STM32CubeIDE start the file .project, all library references are already included in the package

If you need the drivers and middlewares in your own projects, you should add them manually.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
g mcclean
Associate II

Yeh, I sort of figured it out.

Still struggling to understand how some of the examples work but then I am not using any of the "targeted" development boards to I can't just run/debug the code but that’s a separate problem 🙂