cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the serial number for an accelerometer?

Macneacail
Associate III

14 REPLIES 14

Eleon:

Thank you for the reply. It has been a lot of fun playing with the 210. I just worked out the necessary signals to send to the 210 to get all the data back, acceleration and gyro. it took a while to work out the constants to go from integers to reals. Acceleration is 0.061 and gyro 0.00875. Weird numbers. The digital step in the accelerometer is 61 microg, which means the error is 30.5 microg (+-) which is good.

I thought the device had a temperature sensor. It does not, but building response is temperature dependent. Can I get a sensor that will plug into the 109 board? I need the temp every second or so, every 6 seconds is max.

Thanks

John

I cannot see the IR code on the device. Can you send me a picture of where to look, even bright sunshine did not reveal the location. No where in the literature is there a picture which shows the X Y and Z axis. I can work it out, but would like it confirmed.

The data returns in blocks of 14 numbers. Weirdly you use 115 and 116 to indicate the start of the block, I assume this is ST.

Your unico-lite does not include a filter to check each block, about 20% of the 14 block groups are defective, so I need to filter and then read. The longest defective block is about 1200 integers. There are also a few zero blocks.

UNICO-GUI has to have a filter, you might get them added to the LITE version.

Now to start testing the FFT

Macneacail
Associate III

0693W00000SuRzAQAV.pngOne of the reasons for using the ST accelerometer is as a replacement for an industry standard EOL accelerometer, the CX1. This is the results from measuring thermal load using the 210 and the CX1.

This is not the same beam, that will take me a while. But the 210 has an interesting signal.

Macneacail
Associate III

Some nice pictures coming from the 210 coupled with the 109. 0693W00000SucqTQAR.pngThis is 51 FFT sets of 16384 points contoured using the CONREC package from Western Australia rewritten in C#. It is a 200 yr old wooden boat.

Macneacail
Associate III

0693W00000SucrCQAR.pngThis is the FFT data, along with the selection of the critical peaks that are then color coded for use.