cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I make the app stay connected to the cloud to stream the data from the sensor?

C.SEA.WA
Associate

I am a totally newbie here and trying to use STEVAL-STLKT01V1 to upload temp and humidity to Azure IOT Central. While I can get it to work using the ST BLE Sensor app, I have the following questions and concerns.

• The app stops uploading the data to Azure after while. If I want to monitor the value over a week, how could I accomplish that?
  • If I write the data to the local SD, how do I retrieve the data ?
  • If I want to use Wi-Fi instead of BTLE so that I dont have to have a phone nearby, how do I go about that?

Sorry if I am asking such basic questions but I will have to start from somewhere.

Have a great day.

CC

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @C.SEA.WA​ , please find below my (tentative) answer to your questions:

• The app stops uploading the data to Azure after while. If I want to monitor the value over a week, how could I accomplish that? --> Do you check if your Azure IoT accout has some limitation in terms of data uploaded / usage time? Did you check the UM2499 p.31 and sgg. for the Cloud interface settings?
  • If I write the data to the local SD, how do I retrieve the data? --> The STEVAL-STLKT01V1 has no SD card onboard... are you referring to the correct tool?
  • If I want to use Wi-Fi instead of BTLE so that I dont have to have a phone nearby, how do I go about that? The STEVAL-STLKT01V1 has no Wi-Fi module or antenna onboard... A tool supported by the ST BLE Sensor apk equipped with a Wi-Fi module is the STEVAL-STWINKT1.

Regards

C.SEA.WA
Associate

HI Eleon,

• Azure setting is fine but the application on the phone resets after while. I am using the ST BLE Sensor app on Android.
  • The module has a slot where I inserted an SD card. "SensorTile Cradle with battery charger, humidity and temperature sensor, SD memory card slot, USB port and breakaway SWD connecto"
  • Got it.

Hi @C.SEA.WA​ ,

• Azure setting is fine but the application on the phone resets after while. --> Do you maybe get a BLE error connection?
  • The module has a slot where I inserted an SD card --> you should be able to see the SensorTile ad a mass storage device from your PC after disabling the BLE conenction between the board and your smartphone / PC

Regards