cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I want to know how the ILPS22QS sensor works with specifc reference to the Qvar functionality. Where could I find some documentation in order to study this device? I've found a technical document but there are few general informations. Regards.

Zenk91
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Zenk91​ ,

For a general explanation of the Qvar principle, you can refer to the AN5755 application note.

For a more specific explanation on the Qvar sensing embedded in the ILPS22QS, you can refer to the AN5764 application note, from p.35.

Hope this can help.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Zenk91​ ,

For a general explanation of the Qvar principle, you can refer to the AN5755 application note.

For a more specific explanation on the Qvar sensing embedded in the ILPS22QS, you can refer to the AN5764 application note, from p.35.

Hope this can help.

-Eleon

Zenk91
Associate II

Hi Eleon Borlini,

Thank you very much for your answer, I will read these application notes. Could you clarify me the following doubt, please? Fundamentally the Qvar functionality makes a voltage detection induced by the presence of the electrostatic field? Thank you very much.

Regards.

Good morning,

I opened the second link (AN5764) but it shows always AN5755 application note, maybe that's an error? Thank you.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Zenk91​ ,

This is the correct link for AN5764, you can find it online:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5764-ilps22qs-dual-fullscale-absolute-digital-output-barometer-with-embedded-qvar-electrostatic-sensor-stmicroelectronics.pdf

>> Fundamentally the Qvar functionality makes a voltage detection induced by the presence of the electrostatic field? 

That's correct, it can detect a contact or no-contact voltage.

-Eleon

Zenk91
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you very much, your help was very precious!

Regards,

Fabio.