cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, am working with iks01A1 expansion board (specifically LMS6DS0 sensor) and i need to change the Output data rate, could someone please tell me how ? thank you.

NAsma.1
Associate II

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NAsma.1​ ,

A fast solution could be use the Unicleo-GUI for the IKS01A1 interface and to change the ODR settings there..

For a code-level interaction with the LSM6DS0 device, unfortunately, the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 is no longer support by ST. However, you can try to use the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package, and in particular the examples related to the IKS01A2 and the sensor_commands.c

* @brief  Set sensor output data rate
 * @param  Msg the pointer to the message to be handled
 * @retval 1 if the message is correctly handled, 0 otherwise
 */
static int SC_Set_ODR(TMsg *Msg)
{
  float odr = 0.0f;
  int ret = 1;

ArrayToFloat(&Msg->Data[5], &odr);

/* Sensor Type */
  switch (Msg->Data[4])
  {
    case SC_ACCELEROMETER:
      if (IKS01A2_MOTION_SENSOR_SetOutputDataRate(AccInstance, MOTION_ACCELERO, odr) != BSP_ERROR_NONE)
      {
        return 0;
      }
      break;

case SC_GYROSCOPE:
      if (IKS01A2_MOTION_SENSOR_SetOutputDataRate(GyrInstance, MOTION_GYRO, odr) != BSP_ERROR_NONE)
      {
        return 0;
      }
      break;

case SC_MAGNETOMETER:
      if (IKS01A2_MOTION_SENSOR_SetOutputDataRate(MagInstance, MOTION_MAGNETO, odr) != BSP_ERROR_NONE)
      {
        return 0;
      }
      break;

case SC_TEMPERATURE:
      if (IKS01A2_ENV_SENSOR_SetOutputDataRate(TmpInstance, ENV_TEMPERATURE, odr) != BSP_ERROR_NONE)
      {
        return 0;
      }
      break;

case SC_HUMIDITY:
      if (IKS01A2_ENV_SENSOR_SetOutputDataRate(HumInstance, ENV_HUMIDITY, odr) != BSP_ERROR_NONE)
      {
        return 0;
      }
      break;

case SC_PRESSURE:
      if (IKS01A2_ENV_SENSOR_SetOutputDataRate(PrsInstance, ENV_PRESSURE, odr) != BSP_ERROR_NONE)
      {
        return 0;
      }
      break;

default:
      ret = 0;
      break;
  }

It is not a plug-and-play solution, it has to be adapted to IKS01A1 devices.

-Eleon

NAsma.1
Associate II

Thank you so much,

NAsma.1
Associate II

Is there any way i can recuperate the tilt angles without using the unicleoGUI, a code-level interaction i mean ( since LSM6DS0 provides acceleration and angular velocity ) ?