cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello , I want to use the vl53l0x sensor to monitor the liquid level and I chose the stm32f103c8t6 as the mcu, but with which software should I use the vl53l0x? I see software about nucleo on the site. Can you help with this?

nadza
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Nur ÖZã¶Ren​, to the community!

On the website of the VL53L0X you have probably already found the references to hardware tools like e.g. X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 and the software package X-CUBE-53L0A1. The latter contains the drivers for STM32F4 and STM32L4, other STM32 families can be added relatively easily, which of course requires some changes in the source code.

Similar questions have already been asked in the community, e.g. here or there, with the search for X-CUBE-53L0A1 even more can be found.

Does it answer your question?

BTW: if the STM32F103C8T6 is on a board called Blue Pill, you should know that the STM32s installed there are usually counterfeits, i.e. not originals from STMicroelectronics. In many cases, they behave completely differently from the originals. So don't be surprised if something doesn't work as expected.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Nur ÖZã¶Ren​, to the community!

On the website of the VL53L0X you have probably already found the references to hardware tools like e.g. X-NUCLEO-53L0A1 and the software package X-CUBE-53L0A1. The latter contains the drivers for STM32F4 and STM32L4, other STM32 families can be added relatively easily, which of course requires some changes in the source code.

Similar questions have already been asked in the community, e.g. here or there, with the search for X-CUBE-53L0A1 even more can be found.

Does it answer your question?

BTW: if the STM32F103C8T6 is on a board called Blue Pill, you should know that the STM32s installed there are usually counterfeits, i.e. not originals from STMicroelectronics. In many cases, they behave completely differently from the originals. So don't be surprised if something doesn't work as expected.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
nadza
Associate II

Yes, I got the answer to my question. I was also welcome. Thank you for your attention

Great!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter