cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between IMP34DT05 and MP34DT05-A

JulienD
Senior

Hello,

I'm currently choosing a microphone in ST range and I wonder about the difference between those 2.

The only differences I saw on datasheets are application types but no technical differences.

Can you explain why technically some microphones are more suitable for some applications or others?

Also, maybe I missed some other differences.

Thanks

Julien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @JulienD ,

industrial products like the IMP34DT05, are similar to the non industrial counterpart, the main differences are small design changes and the tests performed on the single sensor.
This means that you can expect an even higher accuracy and dependability from the industrial sensor, but the higher volume of tests comes with an increase in price.

if you do not have a specific industrial application in mind I would suggest to use the MP34DT05-A.

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @JulienD ,

industrial products like the IMP34DT05, are similar to the non industrial counterpart, the main differences are small design changes and the tests performed on the single sensor.
This means that you can expect an even higher accuracy and dependability from the industrial sensor, but the higher volume of tests comes with an increase in price.

if you do not have a specific industrial application in mind I would suggest to use the MP34DT05-A.

If this answers your question, please, mark this as "best answer", by clicking on the "accept as solution" to help the other users of the community

Niccolò

JulienD
Senior

Thanks Niccolo!