cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accuracy and variability of LIS2DE12 output data rate

MMora.6
Associate II

I'm attempting to use LIS2DE12 at it's maximum ODR (Nominally 5376 Hz) to accurately measure the vibration frequency of a piece of equipment.

I have discovered that the ODR of my sample accelerometers is not the same. The first one that I tested was about 5500 Hz and the next one was about 5250 Hz.

I can not find any documentation about how much the ODR might vary and even more importantly whether it is affected by supply voltage, temperature or any other factors.

Does this information exist anywhere ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MMora.6​ ,

the parameter you are requiring, i.e. the ODR variation among samples, vs Temperature and vs Supply voltage, are not reported in the datasheet, since they are not tested inline, but are characterized at bench level according to the design indications. I can however share you some indication:

• the ODR variation among samples can be of average 5% for ODR = 5376Hz (100-sample average), i.e. a value in the range of [5107Hz, 5.644Hz]. Not the best-in-class device for ODR error on nominal value, indeed, but the two values you are experience are inside this range.
  • the ODR variation vs Temperature is shown in the picture below, for normal mode operation:

0693W0000059IZJQA2.png 

• there should be only negligible variations of the ODR vs Vdd, even if you have of course a current consumption variation.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MMora.6​ ,

the parameter you are requiring, i.e. the ODR variation among samples, vs Temperature and vs Supply voltage, are not reported in the datasheet, since they are not tested inline, but are characterized at bench level according to the design indications. I can however share you some indication:

• the ODR variation among samples can be of average 5% for ODR = 5376Hz (100-sample average), i.e. a value in the range of [5107Hz, 5.644Hz]. Not the best-in-class device for ODR error on nominal value, indeed, but the two values you are experience are inside this range.
  • the ODR variation vs Temperature is shown in the picture below, for normal mode operation:

0693W0000059IZJQA2.png 

• there should be only negligible variations of the ODR vs Vdd, even if you have of course a current consumption variation.

-Eleon

MMora.6
Associate II

Thanks. That's exactly what I need.