cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WRONG FW in the selected board : Getting ID/PAC/KEY information for custom board having S2-LP

Nikhil D&K
Senior

Hello,

I have a custom board based on STM32L073 MCU with S2LP radio device to provide SIGFOX functionality.

I am looking to provision my on chip S2LP device (i.e get ID/PAC/KEY) information from ST. I have referred "Getting started with the Sigfox S2-LP kit" and also this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6UE7ekRxE but all the information is related to NUCLEO boards and not regarding any custom S2-LP board. 

Tested: When i flash SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_L0.bin to my custom board and try to open the COM Port (ST-DK) in SIGFOX GUI App i get the error of "Wrong FW in the selected board".

So can anyone please tell me how can i get ID/PAC/KEY for S2LP custom board based on STM32L073 MCU as i am unable to perform the same.

12 REPLIES 12

Still getting same error while using SIGFOX_API_send_frame function. Shouldn't my device be registered at the Sigfox backend for testing ?

BPRAS.1
Associate II

Hello,

Sorry, Can't confirm you the issue, As all nodes is already registered on my side.

I will suggest to Register the node and have some sigfox Emulator or network for receiving the Sigfox packet.

CLI examples can also be used for testing in interactive way using some serial utility.

Thanks

Hello,

okay i will try it after registering.

Currently i have to develop firmware using Lower level drivers. I have successfully used read cut version of S2LP using LL driver of SPI. Aim is to send data packets once or twice a day at 12 hrs duration.

I would like to know whether the following step will work for initializing Sigfox communication and sending packet:

• Exit shutdown mode of S2LP (i.e S2868A1_RADIO_ExitShutdown())
  • Initialize SPI bus for S2LP (i.e S2868A1_SPI_Init())
  • Setting XTAL frequency and base (i.e S2LP_RADIO_SetXtalFrequency ,  S2LP_ManagementSetBand)
  • Init the Sigfox Library (i.e ST_Sigfox_Init)
  • Send the data packet (i.e SIGFOX_API_send_frame)

As there are many others functions called such as ST_MCU_API_TimerCalibration(), FEM_Operation etc , are they really needed. If i skip using this function will it effect my sigfox communication (i.e will my device connect to sigfox network).

Asking this because i have to develop the whole firmware using lower level drivers.