cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does BlueNRG-MS, v7.2c, keep a duplicate address database in between separate general discovery scans? Or more importantly, how can said database be cleared?

Scott Löhr
Senior II

When requesting a scan with duplicates filtered like this:

aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc(ScanInterval, ScanWindow, PUBLIC_ADDR, true);

I would like to not receive duplicates during that scan. But when that scan expires (after what is it, 10 or 11 seconds?), or after that scan is explicitly stopped, and then later, or even immediately after receiving the GAP procedure complete for the general scan, when a new scan is started with the same command:

aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc(ScanInterval, ScanWindow, PUBLIC_ADDR, true);

This new scan should not be using the database of duplicate addresses from the last scan, after all, it is a new scan, so until an address is seen on this scan, it should not be a duplicate. But this is just my way of thinking, because the duplicate address database is preserved in between separate scans.

So how can the duplicate address database be flushed in between scans (or even during on ongoing scan)?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Winfred LU
ST Employee

Hi Scott,

Not having a BlueNRG-MS to test, but i tested with a BlueNRG-1 DTM, which would be a mode similar to a BlueNRG-MS.

With BlueNRG GUI, the address database is flashed each time scanning (call to aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc).

If it does not work for you, will it be feasible to re-init the radio before a new scan?

Best Regards,

Winfred

Scott Löhr
Senior II

Winfred - what does it mean, " the address database is flashed each time scanning" - do you initiate a call to do this, or does GUI make a call, or are you implying that the call to aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc() causes a flash (sic) of database? Also, is "flash" a typo - are we talking about a "flush"? - Thanks.

Winfred LU
ST Employee

Hi Scott,

Right, "flashed" was a typo of "flushed".

I mean, each time when scanning (click the scanning button in GUI), it calls ACI_GAP_START_GENERAL_DISCOVERY_PROC with Filter_Duplicates equal to 1.

Then when trying to connect: click the Connections, the scrolling listbox will list the addresses being scanned, and the list is flushed every time.

Best Regards,

Winfred