cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FW stack version for BlueNRG-M0 and BlueNRG-X Radio Init Wizard

MD'Si.1
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying to build my Bluetooth application by configuring the services and characteristics I need. I saw ST recommends using BlueNRG-X Radio Initialization Parameters Wizard.

I am using BlueNRG-M0 (X-Nucleo-IDB05A2) and I read the FW version and HW version from the board.

HW Version - 49(dec)

FW Version - 1840(dec), 0x730 (FW 7.30)

I want to know what FW stack version do I use in the Radio Init Wizard program (see attached picture). I assume the BlueNRG-M0 is a BlueNRG-1 device. Is that correct?

Eventually I am looking to support 8 GATT custom services on the device. I think the device can support up to 8 services as I read that in the release notes from ST (can't remember where).

Thanks,0693W00000QLLbxQAH.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @MD'Si.1​ ,

BlueNRG-X Radio Init Wizard intend to be used with BluuNRG-x SoC ONLY.

BlueNRG-M0 module is based on BleuNRG-MS which is a BLE network processor.

With BlueNRg-M0, you need HOST microcontroller (typically STM32) to run your BLE application.

About SW, I recommend to use "X-CUBE-BLE1" SW package available on st.com (this package is compatible with CubeMx).

Regards,

Sebastien.

MD'Si.1
Associate III

Thanks @Sebastien DENOUAL​ I have found the BlueNRG GUI tool so I think this will help me achieve the same goal as the Radio Init Wizard.

I have one question on the limitations of the different stack modes when reading the documentation.

0693W00000QLqVWQA1.jpg 

What is the limiting factor when creating services or characteristics? e.g. the stack supports 700bytes - (36) - (device name length) for characteristic records. Does that mean that the length of all my characteristics needs to be ~660 bytes?