cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries Regarding SPI Communication Protocol for STEVAL-IHP005V1

SumitAdep
Associate II

Dear Community,

I am using the STEVAL-IHP005V1 development platform and have some queries regarding the SPI communication protocol between the Application MCU and the Modem MCU (ST7540). I would appreciate your assistance in addressing the following questions:

1. Clock Polarity and Clock Phase: Could you please provide the required clock polarity (CPOL) and clock phase (CPHA) settings for the host MCU to communicate with the ST7540 modem via SPI?
  2. Reading the Control Register: What is the correct sequence for reading the Control Register from the ST7540 modem? Specifically, what actions should the host MCU perform to accomplish this via SPI?
  3. Writing to the Control Register: What is the correct sequence for writing to the Control Register of the ST7540 modem? Please provide the necessary steps the host MCU should follow for this operation via SPI.
  4. Transmitting Data over Power Lines: What is the correct sequence for transmitting data over the power lines using the ST7540 modem? How should the host MCU handle this operation via SPI?
  5. Receiving Data over Power Lines: What is the correct sequence for receiving data over the power lines from the ST7540 modem? What steps should the host MCU take to achieve this via SPI?
  6. SPI Communication type: What type of communication modem works on (SPI-Full Duplex or SPI-Half Duplex).

I have been referring to attached technical documents but am currently facing challenges in progressing. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have observed that these technical documents lacks some in-detailed information about this product.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Sumit Adep.

1 REPLY 1
SumitAdep
Associate II

I wanted to share an update
using 12V DC power supply instead of 3.3V power supply has worked.

At this moment I am able to read control register of modem.