cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L9663 SPI minimum configuration

Leomost
Associate II

I can't get my L9663 SPI working. My understanding is that any 32-bit data I send to MOSI will return a 32-bit data from MISO. However, I am not getting any response; MISO remains low the entire time.

I am now using a QFP32 general adapter board to solder the L9663, so I want to use the minimum connections to get the SPI on the L9663 to work. According to the manual, only VB and VDD power supplies are needed to make the SPI work. Are there any other connections that could affect SPI communication?

Now I am planning layout a PCB to solder and include some filter capacitors. Here's my plan. Can anyone help to check if it's complete design (at least the SPI will working well).

VB=VAS=12V,VDD=5V

GND1-GND2-DGND connect together

TM,CLKIN tied to GND

VASSUP tied to GND

BH1,BH2 tied to VB

100 nf capactor between VINTD and DGND

100nf capacitor between VDD and DGND

2.2uf//100nf between VB and GND1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just looked at ds L96xx , but :

AScha3_0-1717924600464.png

So set the 7,6V and use it with your sensor.

What sensor ? (If only works on 10V , need other supply or chip.)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Leomost
Associate II

No reply and I am answering to myself. It's working by the minimum configuration. I can read write the register and work out the crc3 tools by going through other's post.

Here comes a new problem. My sensor is going to be supplied @ 10V , but VAS overvoltage monitor setting in L9663 is lower. So the 9.6v appeared at PSI port but VAS_OV bit was set. I set VAS_EN=0,VAS_SEL=1. 

I wonder how to set the register to increase the VAS overvoltage monitor threshold?

Thanks,

I just looked at ds L96xx , but :

AScha3_0-1717924600464.png

So set the 7,6V and use it with your sensor.

What sensor ? (If only works on 10V , need other supply or chip.)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Leomost
Associate II

Thank you for your reply. The sensor is NXP FXLS93230. It's programming mode requires at least 9V for entry, so for now it's just sufficient. And even if the vas overvoltage bit is set,it's still working well.

My question is whether it's possible to achieve a higher voltage using a different configuration.

Thanks,