cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-LP (355AC) dual mode on two different PHYs possible?

nkartik
Associate

Hi,

I'm interested to learn if the BlueNRG-LP chip 355AC can be set in dual mode (which is possible from example code), but over 2 different PHYs. I want the chip to be a central device over coded PHY to connect with sensors and over 1M PHY to talk to a mobile device as a peripheral.

1) Is the chip capable of advertising and then maintaining connection over the 1M PHY.

2) Will the chip automatically switch radio to provide this functionality? If possible point me to a reference where this radio switching for this chip is explained in more detail.

Context

When I setup the dual mode via the gap call, for the above combination (coded PHY and 1M initialized), my app reads data from the sensors (coded PHY working), and I am able to use python bleak from PC to read from it as a peripheral (1M PHY working), but for the same setup, my Android phone does not "see" the peripheral to connect to.

As an experiment, I switched both sides to talk 1M PHY and the phone is able to connect to the app.

I need the coded PHY working for the long range and also the number of device connectivity (around 20 in my case). At the same time I need this setup to work for the Phone on the other side.

Kindly advice.

Adding a related question - the BlueNRG devices can connect upto 128 devices. Is this correct? Is this a function of hardware or software? and relies on specific stack version from ST?

0 REPLIES 0