cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am looking for a USB-C PD eval-board (PD Source) which does support 20V/5A.

SGraf
Associate

On the WE-Website is a picture of "100W USB Power Delivery Demo Board V1" in the Flyer of the USB_TYPE_C_Devkit. I can however not find this anywhere. 

I then looked into the P-NUCLEO-USB002. However I can't find information on how much power this module can actually deliver.

I want to attach a 100W load to EVAL-SCS001V1 and power it with said PD source.

Would be nice if USB002 worked, since I need NUCLEO-F072RB to configure the SCS001V1 anyways.

2 REPLIES 2
Alexandre ROSSIGNOL
ST Employee

Hi Sebastian,

Which type of application do you want to realize? Could you tell me more about your application?

For the source board:

It is not a reference design so we cannot provide the stack USB PD. You have to develop it yourself.

For the sink board: The application at 100W for the sink side is workable.

There is two type of sink board, the stick and the eval kit.

With the eval kit (STEVAL-ISC005V1), it is easier to test the system but you have to be careful about the inrush current. There is two MOS inside the Eval kit so you have to manage the inrush current gradually, mostly when the two MOS closing. 

With the stick, you have just one MOS so there is no problem with the inrush current.

Best regards.

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,
in the meanwhile I found a development kit from Würth that fulfills all requirements.
Thanks for your replay, anyways!
Best regards
Sebastian
Am 17.09.2019 um 15:58 schrieb ST Community: