cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE Error : strange error using git

LLr.1
Senior

Hello,

I'm using git with my project based on a CubeWL example. After wanting to add this gitignore 0693W00000LwxqQQAR.pngand delete unnecessary files (i.e. examples that I don't use, but I kept the drivers of course), it doesn't work anymore...

...Git/STM32WL55/STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.1.0/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Applications/Sigfox/Sigfox_PushButton/Core/Src/main.c:171: undefined reference to `HAL_RCC_ClockConfig'

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.6.1\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: ./Application/User/Core/main.o: in function `main':

C:/Users/adminlla/Documents/9-Git/STM32WL55/STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.1.0/Projects/NUCLEO-WL55JC/Applications/Sigfox/Sigfox_PushButton/Core/Src/main.c:76: undefined reference to `HAL_Init'

Etc..

Right there ok, but when I go back to the previous commit it doesn't work either...

It's as if some "include" has disappeared

A lead ?

Thank you

Louis

6 REPLIES 6
LLr.1
Senior

The regeneration of the code with CubeMX seems to fix that

Best regards

Are .project and .cproject files checked in?

Be sure to commit these files only when your project builds successfully.

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello Louis,

Are you relying on using git from command line or as an Eclipse plugin? If it's from command line then the IDE is not aware about that the file tree has been updated and may consequently only build the files that are part of the cache.

After a check out, right click on a project and click "Refresh" to update the cached file tree from disk. Could this be the issue? When you re-generate code with CubeMX then MX will force a "Refresh" of the file tree in the project.

yes, they are

Ok, thank you

Hello,

Yes, thanks to command line (Git Bash)

Ok thank you I will try this "refresh"

Best regards

Hello,

After a check out, I right click on a project and click "Refresh" but it doesn't work.

Cube MX regeneration works for now

Best regards