cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-M2SP and X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 not working on neither NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q nor custom board

VMach.1
Associate III

Hi all,

I am using X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 + NUCLEO-L476RG as for preliminary test. I've tested the SampleApp example and it works fine.

The final goal is to use the BlueNRG-M2SA in a stm32h753XI custom board + custom antenna. I've tried to generate the SampleApp using cubeMX without success (same issue as descrived below)

By now, I'm trying to use the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 within both, my stm32h753XI custom board and a NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q (this is dual core, but i'm only using the M7-core).

I'm also using the SampleApp example with no success so far.

I configure the necessary EXTI, CS, RESET pins for the SoC as well as the corresponding SPI interface.

I'm always stuck at the same point: performing an hci_reset(); returns me a BLE_STATUS_TIMEOUT on the SPI send command because when doing a CS reset the IRQ pin never gets ready.

/* CS reset */
    HAL_GPIO_WritePin(HCI_TL_SPI_CS_PORT, HCI_TL_SPI_CS_PIN, GPIO_PIN_RESET);

/*
     * Wait until BlueNRG-2 is ready.
     * When ready it will raise the IRQ pin.
     */
    while(!IsDataAvailable())
    {
      if((HAL_GetTick() - tickstart_data_available) > TIMEOUT_DURATION)
      {
        result = -3;
        break;
      }
    }
    if(result == -3)
    {
      /* The break causes the exiting from the "while", so the CS line must be released */
      HAL_GPIO_WritePin(HCI_TL_SPI_CS_PORT, HCI_TL_SPI_CS_PIN, GPIO_PIN_SET);
      break;
    }

Someone else facing this issue with any board ?

There is a similar question here https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W0000056SoaSAE/what-changes-need-to-be-made-to-run-the-demo-application-sensordemoblesensorapp-on-acustom-board-with-bluenrgm2sp-

but no one is answering.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VMach.1
Associate III

I finally got it working using the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 + STM32H745I-DISCO.

The trick was to use the X-CUBE-BLE2 + SampleApp application example but configuring HCI_TL_INTERFACE as "Template" and doing the pins/ports initialization myself.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PFuen.1
Associate III

Hi, I have also the same issue, and I have also asked for it in the community, however nobody answers :downcast_face_with_sweat: . In my case, I am trying to use X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 with NUCLEO-G070RB with no success.

@brk​ please have the Product Managers look into support issues

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

True, there should be more support to solve this kind of issues.

Thanks for your comment and suggestion.

VMach.1
Associate III

I finally got it working using the X-NUCLEO-BNRG2A1 + STM32H745I-DISCO.

The trick was to use the X-CUBE-BLE2 + SampleApp application example but configuring HCI_TL_INTERFACE as "Template" and doing the pins/ports initialization myself.

@VMach.1​ would you mind sharing the code you have used?