cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG LP Server Advertising disabled automatically on connect?

JWill.8
Associate III

I did not see this question answered. I did see a related discussion which motivated me to ask: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001JVdk5SAD/bluenrg-advertise-while-having-a-connection

I was using the BlueNRGLP DK sample application: BLE_RC_LongRange with two separate BlueNRG NP boards (Server and Client) and a Cell Phone to view BLE advertisements. I am connecting and disconnecting the Client BlueNRG LP board to connect and disconnect from the BlueNRG Server board.

I noticed the Server seems to stop advertising once a connection is made with the client but the Server does not explicitly call the Stop_Advertising function in the Server code (verified by breakpoints in the Server code).

Question: Does the disabling of Advertising when a connection terminates happen automatically by the BLE stack?

2 REPLIES 2
JWill.8
Associate III

Earlier question riddled with typos sorry I hit ask too quickly:

I did not see this question answered. I did see a related discussion which motivated me to ask: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001JVdk5SAD/bluenrg-advertise-while-having-a-connection

I was using the BlueNRGLP DK sample application: BLE_RC_LongRange with two separate BlueNRG NLP boards (Server and Client) and a Cell Phone to view BLE advertisements. I am connecting and disconnecting the BlueNRG LP Client board to connect and disconnect from the BlueNRG LP Server board.

I noticed the Server seems to stop advertising once a connection is made with the client but the Server does not explicitly call the Stop_Advertising function in the Server code (verified by breakpoints in the Server code).

Question: Does the disabling of Advertising, once a connection terminates is established, happen automatically by the BLE stack?

JW
Associate II

Late answer but I believe the behavior for a BLE peripheral is to enter into non-discoverable mode once the connection is established and further connections to that peripheral while that connection is in effect, are not possible.