cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-LP Extended Broadcast

DLoza.2
Associate III

Hello,

I'm trying to program a STEVAL-IDB011V1 board for a broadcast role with extended advertising and Coded PHY. But something is wrong in my GAP set configuration because when I run my program I got this status from aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration() function:

Error in aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration() 0x82

This status (0x82) mean: Invalid parameters passsed at Host layer.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This are my GAP configurations:

// Init GAP:

//////////////////

aci_gap_init(GAP_BROADCASTER_ROLE, 0x00, 0x08, PUBLIC_ADDR, &service_handle, &dev_name_char_handle, &appearance_char_handle);

// Gap adv configuration

///////////////////////////////////////

status = aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration

(

GAP_MODE_BROADCAST,

(333*1000/625),

(333*1000/625),

ADV_CH_ALL,

PUBLIC_ADDR,

NULL,

ADV_NO_WHITE_LIST_USE,

LE_CODED_PHY,

LE_CODED_PHY,

);

// Enable adv

/////////////////////

Bluetooth_GapAdv_create (1, BCPC_extendedAdvParams_dynamicMsgs);

aci_gap_set_advertising_data(1, ADV_COMPLETE_DATA, sizeof(extended_advData), extended_advData);

Advertising_Set_Parameters_t Advertising_Set_Parameters[1];

Advertising_Set_Parameters[0].Advertising_Handle = 0;

Advertising_Set_Parameters[0].Duration = 0;

Advertising_Set_Parameters[0].Max_Extended_Advertising_Events = 0;

Advertising_Set_Parameters[1].Advertising_Handle = 1;

Advertising_Set_Parameters[1].Duration = 0;

Advertising_Set_Parameters[1].Max_Extended_Advertising_Events = 0;

aci_gap_set_advertising_enable(ENABLE, 2, Advertising_Set_Parameters);

I'm editing the code example for advertising extension usage in BlueNRG-LP SDK, but the GAP set configurations doesn't have the same configuration I need. I've defined EXT_ADV_PHY, LE_CODED_PHY and BLE_STACK_FULL_CONF for the BLE Stack configuration.

I've been trying for a long time correct this. Someone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DLoza.2
Associate III

It works!

I'm using WiSE Studio instead of IAR, so I had to navegate to project->Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings->Tool Settings->GCC C Compiler/Preprocessor and change in Defined symbols BLE_STACK_BASIC_CONF to BLE_STACK_FULL_CONF like you said, with Release configuration as Active.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

HI @DLoza.2​ ,

I tested your parameters using PC GUI (with DTM image flashed on STEVAL-IDB011) and it works OK on my side - aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration is returning OK. So basically, your parameters for advertising configuration are OK.

So really strange... may you attached full .c file (or even better your project for SDK1.1.0) ? just in case....

Regards,

Sebastien.

DLoza.2
Associate III

Hi, @Sebastien DENOUAL​,

Thanks for your reply. Since my project is complex, I have copied the important parts to a new one, but for some reason, now the status returned by aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration() is different: 0x85. Meaning: The requested operation cannot be performed by the Host in the current status.

I hope you can help me, thanks.

Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @DLoza.2​ ,

Looks in your project you are not caling gap_init() and gatt_init() function : it explains error code 0x85 - not allowed.

=> Before callling Bluetooth_enable_Extended_Beacon() function you must call  Device_Init();

As a second step, aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration()  was then returning 0x82.

I noticed stack config (In IAR project options ) was still BASIC_CONF. I changed to FULL_STACK config and now aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration() is returning OK.

Regards,

Sebastien.

DLoza.2
Associate III

It works!

I'm using WiSE Studio instead of IAR, so I had to navegate to project->Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings->Tool Settings->GCC C Compiler/Preprocessor and change in Defined symbols BLE_STACK_BASIC_CONF to BLE_STACK_FULL_CONF like you said, with Release configuration as Active.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

Hi @Sebastien DENOUAL​,

However, there is still something wrong. Now when the aci_gap_set_advertising_enable() function is called, I get this other error:

Error in aci_gap_set_advertising_enable() 0xd3

What does it mean: The configuration set by the aci_gap_set_advertising_configuration command is not valid.

Maybe, is there something else missing in the project options?

Regards,

Daniel.

Hi @DLoza.2​ ,

Lookinking to your code, it seems you are only using one advertising set.

Here below in bold correct parameters :

// Enable advertising

/////////////////////

Advertising_Set_Parameters_t Advertising_Set_Parameters[2];

Advertising_Set_Parameters[0].Advertising_Handle = 1;

Advertising_Set_Parameters[0].Duration = 0;

Advertising_Set_Parameters[0].Max_Extended_Advertising_Events = 0;

//Advertising_Set_Parameters[1].Advertising_Handle = 2;

//Advertising_Set_Parameters[1].Duration = 0;

//Advertising_Set_Parameters[1].Max_Extended_Advertising_Events = 0;

status = aci_gap_set_advertising_enable(ENABLE, 1, Advertising_Set_Parameters);

Advertising should be OK at this stage.

According to the way you are handling project options, you may face memory issue ( beacon example from SDK is optimized in RAM usage) - In case of such issue, increase NUM_LINKS value in beacon_config.h.

Regards,

Sebastien.

Thanks! Now advertinsing is working!

With the parameters that you have shown me, the error 0xd3 disappeared. Also, like you said, i had a memory issue, but increasing NUM_LINKS the issue disappeared too. Now I can advertising correctly.

Thanks a lot,

Daniel