cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-LP beacon example not discoverable

100Vref
Associate

Ive been trying out the different examples on the navigator, and have noticed when using my ble scanner, my device cannot discover the beacon example. I have compared the code with the sensor example which is discoverable and they are very similar apart from the gat server, Does anyone know if this is a bug or if there is something I am missing. I know the BLE sensor is not connectable compared to the sensor, but I don't think this is the reason for it not being discoverable

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
JW
Associate II

This is a late response. 

Are you using the BLE_Beacon project under Projects and the ST Toolbox Android Phone App as your "Observer"?  If so what may be happening is the response is showing up as an Apple entry and you may not be looking for an Apple Broadcast entry.  The  Company Identifier Code in the SDK (at least the one I have) is by default 0x4C, 0x00 (see adv_data[]).  If you change the Company Identifier code in the adv_data array  to 0x30,0x00 instead and use the ST BLE Toolbox App on your Android phone, and filter for only ST Broadcasters, or at least filter by RSSI strength, it should show up as an ST branded entry.

Hope this helps (if you haven't moved on by now).

JW