cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the i2c registers for the VL53L3CX? I am trying to implement this in a design with an FPGA, but I cannot find any information regarding the registers in the datasheet.

PFlet.1
Associate

Where can I find the i2c registers for the VL53L3CX? I am trying to implement this in a design with an FPGA, but I cannot find any information regarding the registers in the datasheet.

We are looking at simply taking a range measurement every time the FPGA sends a request.

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

ST does not publish the register map. And yes, I know this upsets a lot of folks.

The VL53L3 works by uploading the raw histogram data to the MCU and we provide the functions that translate that data into the range result you need, So in your case the register map wouldn't get you there.

The code that analyzes the data is some 6K. (The entire driver is 9.6K of ARM code.) But to do that in an FPGA you would have to translate the 6K of C code.

Maybe you could do it, but I'm guessing you would end up hating ST.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.