cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL6180X software graphical user interface (GUI): with the TAB Options the Flash action can be performed, but I can't find any documentation.

funktkey
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

It appears the documentation was moved when the web site was re-organized. This document has more than you need, but if you go to the second half you will see the instructions you are looking for.

Sorry about that. I'll get try to get the web site updated.​

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Hi John,

sorry, but I already own that documentation (rev 3) with the missing instructions for Flash the device.

Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

​Hi,

The GUI flashes the STM32 FW automatically so why there is no "Flash" button in the GUI.

But if you really want flash the STM32 you can go and find the binary file at

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\VL6180X Explorer\Resources\*F401*.bin

drag and drop the file into "NODE_F401RE" drive

Thanks

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.