cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal jump measure

Isse
Associate

I am currently working with a STEVAL-MKI109v3 evaluation card and a STEVAL-MKI217v1 module. I am using UNICO-GUI to collect data from the module, and then processing the data in Python using various filters such as Madgwick, Kalman, and Mahony to enhance accuracy.

My goal is to calculate horizontal distances in centimeters based on the data collected. I have written Python code for this purpose, but the results are not accurate. For example, when I measure a jump of 91 cm, my calculated result is 90 cm. Similarly, for a 54 cm jump, I get 46 cm. Interestingly, some values yield good results, while others produce excessive results. For instance, for a 77 cm jump, the calculated distance is 112 cm.

It's worth noting that I have manually measured these jumps before testing my prototype.

this pic is showing a jump for 66 cm but the result as you see show 104 cm 

I am wondering if it is possible to accurately calculate horizontal distances using the STEVAL-MKI109v3 evaluation card and STEVAL-MKI217v1 module alone. If it is feasible, could someone assist me in troubleshooting my code? Alternatively, if there are any suggestions or resources available, such as specific documentation or examples related to this setup, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or links provided. Thank you!

Untitled.png

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Isse ,

Welcome to ST Community!

I don't understand what you want to measure. What do you mean with 'horizontal distance' ? What is a jump?

In order to help you I need to understand which is the physical movement you are doing with the board. Can you share some photos/videos?

Thanks.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.