cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53V1CB calibration

Fantalucio
Associate

HI,

I am using ULD API function VL53L1X_CalibrateOffset() and VL53L1X_CalibrateXtalk() to calibrate the sensor and then I store the parameters in EEprom and everything works fine: with VL53L1X_GetResult() I can see the distance of the object and when it moves away, the status returns "2 ", then I can ignore the measured distance and assume that there is no object.

The problem is that when I restart the board and send the previously saved calibration parameters with VL53L1X_SetXtalk() and VL53L1X_SetOffset(), the status always returns NO ERROR and an incorrect distance.

I also tried the following procedure from VL53L1X ultra lite driver with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Lucio

Fantalucio_0-1700835373286.png

1 REPLY 1
Zhiyuan.Han
ST Employee

Hi Lucio

From 1st half, seems your code is able to range correctly, so I suspect the issue come from wrong calibrate data was set after reboot. 

Can you try to read back the offset and xtalk values to do a comparation with VL53L1X_GetOffset() and VL53L1X_GetXtalk()?

• one is just after calibration, read out the calibrated value. 
  • the other one after reboot and applied your saved value. 

Br

Zhiyuan.Han

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.