cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adjust trigger for VL53L8CX

Paula
Associate

Hi,

I have a VL53L8CX Sensor on a Satel-VL53L8 board that I am controlling with a custom microcontrollerboard that has an ESP32-S2 chip. I want the microcontroller to sleep until the sensor triggers the Int Pin, based on a threshold that I configure in advance. My knowledge of configuring thresholds goes as far as the provided example of the VL53L8CX arduino library (here). I havent really found a documentation for configuring interrupts.

As far as I understand the Int Pin trigger has to be a falling edge. However I think the sleep method of the ESP does not provide a falling edge trigger for waking up (see). Only triggers on low/high level are allowed.

Therefor my question is, if it is possible, to adjust what kind of trigger the Int Pin sends? And where can I find more documentation about thresholds and interrupts of the VL53L8CX? (Sorry, if I overlooked it)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zhiyuan.Han
ST Employee

Hi Paula

Please refer to UM3109, chapter "Detection thresholds" for more details. 

A guide for using the VL53L8CX, low-power, high-performance Time-of-Flight multizone ranging sensor - User manual (st.com)

Br

Zhiyuan.Han

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Zhiyuan.Han
ST Employee

Hi Paula

Please refer to UM3109, chapter "Detection thresholds" for more details. 

A guide for using the VL53L8CX, low-power, high-performance Time-of-Flight multizone ranging sensor - User manual (st.com)

Br

Zhiyuan.Han

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.