cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5 Thresholds

BBald.1
Associate II

Is there any documentation how to setup the various threshold parameters? These are the macros defined in the vl53l5cx_plugin_detection_thresholds.h

#define VL53L5CX_DISTANCE_MM            ((uint8_t)1U)

#define VL53L5CX_SIGNAL_PER_SPAD_KCPS      ((uint8_t)2U)

#define VL53L5CX_RANGE_SIGMA_MM            ((uint8_t)4U)

#define VL53L5CX_AMBIENT_PER_SPAD_KCPS      ((uint8_t)8U)

#define VL53L5CX_NB_TARGET_DETECTED         ((uint8_t)9U)

#define VL53L5CX_TARGET_STATUS            ((uint8_t)12U)

#define VL53L5CX_NB_SPADS_ENABLED         ((uint8_t)13U)

#define VL53L5CX_MOTION_INDICATOR  

Some examples or documentation on setting these up would be helpful.

Thanks,

Barry

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Barry -

I'm prepaing a slide set on the subject. Give me until Oct 7 please.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
John E KVAM
ST Employee

There are examples - but we hid them.

download:

STSW-IMG025 Linux driver for VL53L5CX multi-zone sensor

inside this block of code look for the \user\examples directory

You will see 11 examples and 3 of them deal with thresholds and motion indicators.

Example_9 and example_11 especially.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

John-

I've been looking at those examples. I actually posted a question titled "Detection thresholds confusion" back on the 30th that had to do with Example 9 and changing the example to use an AND instead of an OR.

Thanks,

Barry