cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1 Nucleo Pack: Can one change the ROI in the GUI without resetting all the calibration values?

UK Engineer
Associate

I am using the VL53L1 Nucleo Pac with the Flight Sense GUI supplied by ST. I am trying to evaluate different ROI settings but everytime I change the ROI, all the calibration settings seem to be cleared. Can one change the ROI in the GUI without resetting all the calibration values?

0693W00000FA1PMQA1.jpg

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

When using the UltraLite Driver (STSW_IMG009), I had to change the offset as I changed the ROI. As I have messing with the ROI in my code, nothing is done automatically.

With the full driver (STSW_IMG007), it was meant to do this automatically.

When set, the offset was something like:

INNER_OFFSET=23

OUTER_OFFSET=48

And depending on what the ROI was it would choose a number between the inner and outer offset values.

If you are finding that it's not accurate enough, then the perhaps you can apply a little correction factor based on your testing.

Go with the automatic, so you won't have to stop the chip - but add or subtract a bit based on testing you have done.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'