cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the VL53L1x API with the controller that I use

VBhag
Associate II

I am using a TI simplelink controller. How do I go about using the VL53L1 APIs with my controller code. I am guessing I need to use STSW-IMG007 software. I can't use this software directly. How should I go ahead with interfacing it?

Any guidance will be very helpful. Thank you 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hi,

I recommend to use the STSW-IMG009 instead of the STSW-IMG007 software. Because the STSW-IMG009 is much simpler to port than the IMG007 version. You only lose the fact that the timing budget(integration time) is a set of fix values from 20 ms to 1s [20ms, 50ms, 100ms, ... 1s] instead of having the possibility to set continuous values from 20 ms to 1s.

Thanks

Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VBhag
Associate II

Thank you for the guidance. I am looking at STSW-IMG009. I understand I have to include both the platform and core files in my application. Is that correct?

What I am not able to understand is what to write in the _platform.c functions. It says the developer needs to write these functions. I am not able to find information about what these functions are exactly supposed to do. Here is the .h file which just says "To be implemented by the developer"

0693W00000WL9w0QAD.png 

Also, where can I find info about what 'dev', 'index', '*pdata', 'count' are?

Regards