cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull-up resistor of VL53L5CX

Dust_huan
Associate

As shown in the figure, can we change the pull-up resistance of SCL and SDA from 2.2k to 1k?
What is the impact on TOF (VL53L5CX)?

Dust_huan_0-1719455098579.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Yes, you can - and you should - depending on what you are doing. 

Knowing the pull-up on an I2C line is almost an art form. 

Long wires and multiple devices will necessitate changing those pull-ups. 

Philips invented the I2C bus a zillion years ago and NXP bought Philips. 

They have the documentation on how to choose the pull-ups. Or there are lots of web sites. 

I2C pull up resistance, rise time and bus capacitance discussion (fastbitlab.com)

is just one of many you can find. 

This one from TI is good as well:

I2C Bus Pull-Up Resistor Calculation

- john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Yes, you can - and you should - depending on what you are doing. 

Knowing the pull-up on an I2C line is almost an art form. 

Long wires and multiple devices will necessitate changing those pull-ups. 

Philips invented the I2C bus a zillion years ago and NXP bought Philips. 

They have the documentation on how to choose the pull-ups. Or there are lots of web sites. 

I2C pull up resistance, rise time and bus capacitance discussion (fastbitlab.com)

is just one of many you can find. 

This one from TI is good as well:

I2C Bus Pull-Up Resistor Calculation

- john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'