cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set 2V8 power mode with VL53L1X ULD API

DSai.1
Associate III

Dear Sir,

We connect VL53L1X to our host that provide 3.3V VDDIO. We will use VL53L1X ULD API as driver for our system. By check VL53L1X ULD API code, I can not find code about setting power mode to 2V8. Would you like to give any information for this question?

I wonder if VL53L1X may be broken, when a 3.3V power is given before software initialization.

The datasheet say the default power mode is 1V8.

best regards

Dai Sai

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

Over the time, it has been proven that the default power mode at 1.8V is not used.

No need to switch from one mode to another. The VL53L1CX can be used from 1.8V to 3.3V without any problem. You can sent the power to 2.8V before software initialization without any issue.

Best regards

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
DSai.1
Associate III

Dear Anne,

Thank you very much for your quick reply for my question.

It's good that we do not need to setup power mode.

best regards

Dai Sai