cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to power a 24volts electromagnetic sensor.

suhfi
Associate II

i am using electromagnetic sensor which is 24volts. in that i only have the connections for power voltage(positive) and the signal. when i am trying to power it with my stm32f411re nucleo board i can see that the power isn't sufficient. so can i use a 24volts power supply to that and the negative to the stm32f411re nucleo board ground. 
so i was thinking the connections would be like,
power supply positive to the sensor positive, signal to the stm32 nucleo board. power supply negative to the ground of the stm32 board.  would these connections make sense, or would it fry my board?
is there any quick connections to power the sensor with 24volts. quickest answer is much appreciated. thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

You kill the cpu !

Most simple input:

AScha3_0-1728238601032.png

In industrial use standard is to use an opto-coupler ; to separate also the ground of the low level circuit/cpu from outside. If you have the same ground, just shown 2 resistors are fine.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

i didn't get you. could you show me the schematic diagram of how to connect 24volts electromagnet sensor to the stm32f411re nucleo board. As i have to read the sensor values, and has to give the power to the sensor.

Which sensor ?

inductive/proximity or ...?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

the sensor electromagnetic sensor which as input of 24volts(DC 24V, P40/20 30KG Lifting Solenoid Electromagnet). this i have to connect to stm32f411re nucleo board. Can you show me the schematic.?