cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we also use SPI to communicate with the VL53L5CX?

KWine
Senior

Original product brief showed both I2C and SPI peripheral communication available for the VL53L5 but the data sheet now focuses exclusively on I2C. Is SPI then no longer supported or can both/either be used with the appropriate user-provided platform functions?

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

When we first envisioned the sensor we did support the I2C and the SPI.

But the SPI proved to be problematic, and took way too much time for customers to implement.

So for the Mass Market VL53L5CX we removed the SPI functionality as not being worth the effort.

But if you really need the SPI and are willing to buy lots of parts (the only way this effort would be worth it), please contact your ST sales Rep.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'