cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration code for adafruit vl53l0x?

MKeun.1
Associate

I am planning to place a piece of cover glass over an adafruit vl53l0x sensor connected to an arduino uno. I had a look over the user manual for the vl53l0x and tried using the code provided but it does not work. Is the code not compatible at all for the adafruit vl53l0x sensor? Could someone point me to the right direction?

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Adafruit did a wonder job reverse engineering ST's API, but they never figured on someone wanting to do the calibration.

May I suggest going to Hornix.com.tx, clicking on products and scrolling to almost the bottom. There you will see some cover glasses that DON'T need calibration. (Unfortunately it's the expensive one.)

But if you are not buying many the cost of the glass might be cheaper than your time.

There is also a European site that resells these devices.

The other way to do it, is to buy the ST Evaluation kit. P-NUCLEO-53L0A0) use your coverglass on the eval kit making very sure to emulate the air gab you intend to use.

Use the Eval kit to do the calibration. Write the calibration to the calibration file (there is a button), and evaluate the numbers. Simply place this number into your design.

The absolute best way is to run the calibration code on each unit, but if you have good manufacturing tolerances, calibrating the design will work.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'