cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

53L1A1 does not work with API STSW-IMG005 ( X-nucleo-53L1A1/ nucleo-F767ZI )

LMend.3
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I tried to use the eval board nucleo 53L1A1 with nucleo F767ZI with the API STSW-IMG005.

I adapted the API without the serial line, i used the HAL_I2C lib etc .

I used the example single ranging in the example folder in API.

the first part work fine i get the info of the device juste device ID wich not display anything.

After that the function perform calibration and spad management, the sub function measurment poll for completion does not work, the get measurment data ready function does not get the information about new data ready.

And i don't get ranging mesurement data.

But the rest is ok as staticinit return ok.

I attached some pictures for display some parts of my explaination. i can share the code if necessary,

I don't know what is the problem....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LMend.3
Associate II

Hello,

I'm sorry, i was wrong of API, i confuse VL53L0/1 so with the good API and work it's ok he works.

Lemmy Mendoza

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LMend.3
Associate II

Hello,

I'm sorry, i was wrong of API, i confuse VL53L0/1 so with the good API and work it's ok he works.

Lemmy Mendoza

John E KVAM
ST Employee

That happens from time to time. ST now has a VL53L0X, a VL53L1X, a VL53L1CB, and VL53L3. In July we are coming out with the VL53L5 and this fall we will be introducting the VL53L4CD and the VL53L4CX. So this sort of confusion might get worse.

Nice job finding your issue.

In the code for the most recent chips we did put in a bit of code saying we found a sensor but it appears to be the wrong one to solve just this issue.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
LMend.3
Associate II

Wo the family grow up :D

Thank you, but with the full API, i had some difficulties for implement, with the files platfom.h / .c i have some troobles i have to modifed the files include in folder STSW-IMG007 with an exemple of the eval board in x cube 53LA1 and some modification. After look in the light API may be she is most simple for implement with the platfom files.

Lemmy Mendoza