cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1: Using the LIV3F Receiver with Teseo Suite

mf-ff99
Associate II

I have recently procured a X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 on its own. I would simply like to use the LIV3F to test the LNA/SAW filtering along with different antennas as well. I am able to connect the LIV3F to Teseo Suite via FTDI -> UART. I can see all of the satellites and NMEA data being streamed by the receiver, but I am unable to change any settings. I need to update a couple of settings, but the LIV3F is not detected, and it is shown in Teseo Suite as a 'generic' device, instead of a LIV3F, or LIV3FL, etc. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated, I feel that I've exhausted every resource I have trying to change the settings. fwiw, I have a couple of custom PCBs with LIV3Fs installed on them, and I do not have this issue with those boards. Only the LIV3F on the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mf-ff99
Associate II

Update: I was able to work around this problem by soldering directly to the RX pad of the LIV3F. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I was able to set the fix rate and baud rate with this method so I am pleased 👍

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi

I understood you are using the X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 directly with the FTDI UART2USB (at the end without any STM32 Host).

In this case I think the Level-shifter on the board are not correctly configured.

Could you test on teseo-Suite if using the command '$PSMTSRR' can reset the X-Nucleo board.

If not this means the LIV3F is not receiving the Input stream and due to that you can not change the configuration

Regards

Francesco

2024_01_11_10_45_15_Teseo_LIV3F_FTDI_PowerPoint.png

This is the FTDI UART2USB connection you should use

Regards

Francesco

mf-ff99
Associate II

Thank you for the help! I'm working through it but it is not working yet. 

| Could you test on teseo-Suite if using the command '$PSMTSRR' can reset the X-Nucleo board

This command does not reset the X-Nucleo board. I have wired the FTDI's VCC to IOREF, 3v3, and RESET (D7), as you showed in the schematic, but I am still unable to transmit to the LIV3F.

I am including a picture of how I have the board wired, perhaps there is something noticeably wrong 😅 I tried moving around the jumpers to use the other UART connection (C9.1, C9.2), and was able to receive the NMEA strings, but not able to send any settings to the LIV3F.

mf-ff99
Associate II

Update: I was able to work around this problem by soldering directly to the RX pad of the LIV3F. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I was able to set the fix rate and baud rate with this method so I am pleased 👍