cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TESEO VIC3DA application support

Spına.1
Associate

Hi,

I have TESEO VIC3DA Evaluation board. I can not find this board schematics and other design files in ST website.

I dismantle the box and look the eval board pcb and I saw there is STM32L4xx MCU. Here is my questions:

We send the NMEA commands with Teseo Suite tool to that STM32L4xx MCU, right? STM32L4xx is host MCU right?

Can I design a system without using PC tool and sending the commands with programming host MCU (maybe different from STM32L4xx) to module over UART or I2C?

And, looking for TESEO LIV3F documents I found more app notes and support docs but not same for VIC3DA. Can I assume both modules are similar and take reference LIV3F docs and notes.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi

in the EVB-VIC3DA the module Teseo-VIC3DA is direclty connected to the PC using an UART2USB bridge present in the board.

The STM32 is there only to manage the SDCARD and it takes control of NMEA stream only the the SDCARD is inserted.

At the end the stream you see on PC comes directly from VIC3DA wihout STM32 involvement.

Regards

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your fast return. One more question: Is there EVB-VIC3DA schematics available? Can we look the design?

Regards,