cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TESEO-LIV3F

AAl S.1
Associate II

Hi, I have TESEO-LIV3F , I want to power the GPS when it's needed. I have backup battery connect to VBAT because i want to have hot start .

1- In my case how much current draw from the GPS when only VBAT powered? It says in data sheet 6uA as hardware standby, Is it the case when I just power VBAT?

2- what is the difference between hardware standby and software standby? and why software standby current is 12uA?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

>  Is that correct?

Yes. it's correct.

Regards

Francesco

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi

>  In my case how much current draw from the GPS when only VBAT powered? It says in data sheet 6uA as hardware standby, Is it the case when I just power VBAT?

Yes. this is exactly the HW Standby

> what is the difference between hardware standby and software standby? and why software standby current is 12uA?

In case lo SW-Standby VCC and VCC_IO remain applied. This is the case when GNSS-firmware drivers the low power enter/exit procedure (i.e.: Periodic Standby or when you trigger the commands PSTMFORCESTANDBY)

Hope this helps

Regards

Francesco

Thank you fro your answer just to make it clear and correct me please if i am wrong. while VCC and VCC_IO is off and backup battery is connect to VBAT, The current will be 6uA and I will get hot start when I power the GPS again. Is that correct?

Hi

>  Is that correct?

Yes. it's correct.

Regards

Francesco