cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teseo III changing baud rate and a hopefully basic question

sky_1
Associate

Hello,

I'm using a Teseo III module from Lantronix. When connected up, I can see NMEA sentences over UART, at 9600 baud.

I have a few questions. I'm not a GPS expert, and unfortunately, the Teseo III documentation assumes quite a bit of knowledge.

Question 1: What command should I send to be able to temporarily either stop, or slow down the NMEA sentences? I'd like to stop them, so that I can type commands to experiment, and see the responses without the flood of NMEA sentences.

Question 2: How do I change to 115200 baud?

I have tried issuing the following commands at 9600 baud, but I can't see the responses, because there's so much NMEA sentence activity ongoing.

$PSTMSETPAR,3102,0xa*32
$PSTMSAVEPAR*58
$PSTMSRR*49
After issuing those commands, the baud rate doesn't change. I still see NMEA sentences at 9600 baud.

The particular module I'm using is Lantronix PNT-SG3FS and their documentation is almost identically a copy of the ST Teseo III documentation. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Question 1:

you can use the command $PSTMNMEAONOFF,0 or $PSTMNMEAONOFF,1 to stop/start the NMEA stream

Question 2:

you can use the command:

$PSTMCFGPORT,0,0,2,115200

$PSTMSAVEPAR*58
$PSTMSRR*49

Regards
 Francesco

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Question 1:

you can use the command $PSTMNMEAONOFF,0 or $PSTMNMEAONOFF,1 to stop/start the NMEA stream

Question 2:

you can use the command:

$PSTMCFGPORT,0,0,2,115200

$PSTMSAVEPAR*58
$PSTMSRR*49

Regards
 Francesco

This is awesome, thank you!

I have tested your information for both questions, and they both worked!