cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teseo: how to check L5 band reception

mich35
Associate III

Hello,

How can I check that the teseo correctly receives L5 band satellite and not only L1?

Is it indicated in a NMEA message?

Best regards

Mich

6 REPLIES 6

Newer form of GSV should have additional field at end indicating constellation and band.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

From UM3009:

SignalID Decimal, 1 digits An identifier to indicate the signal in use. Currently it is 1 for GPS, GLONASS, 2 for
BEIDOU and QZSS 6 for GALILEO

What do you want me to do with that?

$GPGSV,1,1,04,24,78,311,40,23,33,265,23,10,25,307,29,14,08,047,23*74

>>What do you want me to do with that?

I don't know, you asked the question about what NMEA Sentence you'd find this information in.

The default is for NMEA-0183 v3.1, you will need to switch to V4.10 to get the Signal ID. That will also change the PRN/SV numbering schemes.

TESEO III used the following for NMEA V4.10

$PSTMSETPAR,1122,4
$PSTMSAVEPAR
$PSTMSRR

NMEA-0183 V4.10 and V4.11 have different designations for other bands, GPS L5I is 7, GPS L5Q is 8, for example.

I'm not sure NMEA is entirely fit for purpose 4 decades onwards, perhaps there are some binary messages you can decompose for signal usage at a constellation / band level?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks a lot Tesla,

Can I use the same $PSTMSETPAR,1122,4 command for teseo-liv4f?

This command is not listed in the UM3009 document.....

Is this command for NMEA-0183 V4.10  or V4.11?

Best regards

Mich

nikos_vallianos
Associate II

The $PSTMRF message contains a frequency field (software manual, pdf page 42). You can enable the $PSTMRF field with the 0x80 bit mask on CDB-ID 201. I don't have an L5 antenna right now so I don't know if it will list a satellite twice if it's receiving its L5 frequency. I'll be happy to post a test sample in about a week using an L1&L5 antenna that's in the mail.

nikos_vallianos
Associate II

However I am currently unable to get the $PSTMRF message through a $PSTMNMEAREQUEST or through CDB201. In fact, I cannot get any $PSTM messages to come out of the Teseo-LIV4F.