cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware and Software Questions, IF pins activation in STA8089GA

Armin Choopani
Associate II

0690X000006DGhcQAG.jpgHi , as I said in the previous question, I have designed a GNSS module with STA8089GA IC which works properly. It easily determines the 3D position, under two minutes, when I use an active antenna. Also, I use a GNSS simulator to demonstrate its functionality. By setting the simulator on satellite ID 10 with -80 dBm power and 42.5 dB/Hz CN0 and performing @PSTMRFTESTON,10 command on the IC, the CN0 is 43 dB/Hz based on the Teseo-Suite Pro software. The IC I use has two IF (Intermediate Frequency) pins to determines its RF front-end functionality which I want to use them to determines NF (Noise Figure). In the application notes of the IC, it is mentioned that to activate these pins you need to perform a NMEA command. But I cannot find the NMEA command. Does anybody know what is the command to activate these pins?

Also, because the IF pins are differential, a differential to single ampilfer is needed. The amplifier I used is shown in the picture. I want to know, does input impedance of the amplifier can load the IF pins and degrade the overall IC functionality? Should I increase its input impedance?

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Armin

3 REPLIES 3
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi Armin

We can not provide this kind of information because it's company confidential as you had access to documentation not provided online.

Our suggestion is that you have a general review on the RF-path matching as you should have a CN-0 @ 42 dBm with a -130 dBm input

Regards

Francesco

Hi Francesco

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

I didn't think that the command for activating IF pins is so confidential. On the other hand, I have to evaluate RF-path whether I know this command or not.

About your suggestion, as you said I use a GPS simulator with CN0 = 42 dBm and Pin = -130 dBm. Based on the software (Teseo-Suite Pro) the received CN0 is 37 dBm. Is this a good sign? Is CN0 = 37 dBm high enough?

Best Regards

Armin

It should be more... but at the end also 37 dBm is good enough.

Regards

Francesco